Local Government Regulation 2012
To: all interested parties
TAKE NOTICE that:
1. Mareeba Shire Council has by resolution, decided to acquire land in the Schedule below for arrears of rates [and charges], under section 149 of the Local Government Regulation 2012.
2. The resolution was passed at the ordinary meeting of Mareeba Shire Council held on 18 October 2023.
3. The terms of the Council's resolution were as follows:
a) acquires the land in the Schedule below in accordance with section 149(1) of the Local Government Regulation 2012 as it considers that the value of the lands if they were sold would in each case be less than the total amount of the overdue rates [and charges];
b) delegates authority to the Chief Executive Officer to sign a notice of intention to acquire the lands to be given to all interested parties and to take all further steps necessary to complete the acquisition process in accordance with sections 150 and 151 of the Local Government Regulation 2012.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE:
1. That if the overdue rates [and charges] in respect of any of the lands are not paid in full within six (6) months of the date of this notice the Council may start the procedures for acquiring any of the lands in respect of which the rates [and charges] are not paid.
2. That the Council will end the procedures for acquiring any of the lands if the Council is paid -
a) the amount of the overdue rates [and charges] in respect of the land concerned and
b) all expenses that the Council incurs in attempting to acquire the land concerned.
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 154
MAREEBA QLD 4880