Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs
The Queensland Government has committed $21 million funding to the Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs initiative grant programs. This initiative will revitalise and strengthen coastal shipping and create ongoing maritime jobs in Queensland.
The grant program was established as an initiative after a parliamentary inquiry into promoting a sustainable intrastate shipping industry in Queensland.
Coastal Shipping Grant Program
Applications for round 2 are now open and close at 5pm, 9 February 2024.
The Coastal Shipping Grant Program will support businesses to:
• establish or enhance a coastal shipping service along the Queensland coastline
• strengthen existing shipping operations within Queensland.
This Coastal Shipping Grant Program—Round 2 intends to deliver:
• reinvigoration of sustainable coastal shipping services along Queensland’s coastline
• new Regulated Australian Vessel (RAV) shipping operations for increased flexibility and improved reliable access to marine logistic services
• increased employment for a local maritime workforce to address current skill shortages
• opportunities for Queensland seafarers to train, upskill and obtain valuable sea time.
Who can apply
We are looking for capable and knowledgeable commercial entities in the maritime industry that meet the eligibility criteria. You will need to demonstrate how your proposal will help create new, viable and sustainable local maritime jobs.
Applicants from the initial round of the Coastal Shipping Grant Program may reapply, however services must be new RAV services.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply please visit:
Note: It is important that complete and accurate applications are submitted.
No extensions or requests for further information will be made. Incomplete applications will be deemed non-conforming. No correspondence will be entered into, and applicants will not be notified of the missing information.