Whyalla Beef Is now hiring
Whyalla Beef is one of the largest and most technically advanced feedlot operations in the southern hemisphere. Consisting of breeding, backgrounding, and feeding of high-quality beef cattle, Whyalla Feedlot has a 55,000 head capacity and is situated on the border of QLD and NSW, near the town of Texas.
Livestock Team Members
Whyalla Beef currently have a number of positions available within its Livestock Team to ensure animal health, welfare and maintenance are carried out daily so quality assured standards are met. As part of the Livestock Team the successful applicants will be tasked with a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
* Induction/ processing
* Moving and exercising of cattle
* Administering health care as necessary
* Dispatch of cattle
We are looking for individuals who.
* are hardworking and reliable.
* have their own transport and driver's licence
* able to follow safety procedures
* Q-Fever vaccinated
* team player
* able to follow directions.
* previous experience working with livestock would be looked upon favourably
* knowledgeable in Animal Welfare.
What we can offer you:
* Attractive wage packages to be negotiated with successful applicants.
* Subsidised on-site accommodation, including 3 meals a day.
* Training, development, and potential for career growth are features of all positions on offer.
* Positions vary between permanent, full – time and casual, with a variety of rosters available.
* Overtime is available on most positions and penalty rates will apply.
Whyalla Beef Pty Ltd is currently looking for experienced Pen Riders with work ready horses, the opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for individuals who:
* Have proven horsemanship skills with access to a minimum of two suitable horses and tack.
* Previous feedlot experience is preferred.
* Have a strong commitment to animal welfare, health & nutrition.
* Have their own transport and driver’s licence
* Are able to safely complete all tasks
* Q-Fever vaccinated.
What we can offer you:
* A generous, above award weekly horse allowance.
* Training, development and potential for career growth.
* Positions are permanent, full-time, with a 10/4 roster.
* Subsidised accommodation including 3 meals a day.
If you're a team player who enjoys working with ever changing challenges, where no two days are the same, and have the above requirements; we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to the HR Manager Julie: email@example.com