NAAJA provides legal aid for Indigenous people in the Northern Territory, with offices in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs.
We are considered to be a leading Australian legal service and have received both national and Northern Territory human rights awards for our work. We are committed to providing quality representation for our clients and bringing about long term change in the justice system. Our staff are motivated, dedicated and do work that matters.
NAAJA is seeking a Civil Law Solicitor to join our Darwin or Alice Springs Civil Law team.
NAAJA seeks appropriately qualified legal practitioners who have the personal and professional attributes to be a successful member of its Civil Law Team and maintain carriage of a challenging practice.
The position entails regular travel to remote communities to conduct Civil Law Clinics and may include overnight stays.
The right candidate will have:
- Eligibility for Admission as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory
- Ability to undertake civil law litigation and casework.
- Ability to travel overnight for up to 4 nights
The position offers attractive employment benefits including:
- Salary of CiLO2.1 $75,617 – CiLO2.4 $83,921 per annum, dependent on experience + superannuation
- Salary packaging options
- 6 weeks annual leave per year with leave loading
- Annual airfare
- Remote allowance if the position is based in Alice Springs