Find something curious…
PUBLIC NOTICE Boroondara City Council Proposal to Make Amenity Local Law
Notice is given that Boroondara City Council (Council) proposes to make a local law titled 'Amenity Local Law' 2019 (the Proposed Local Law). The following information about the Proposed Local Law is provided in accordance with section 119 of the Local Government Act 1989 (Act):
Purposes of the Proposed Local Law If made, the Proposed Local Law will provide for:
1.the peace, order and good government of the municipality;
2.a safe and healthy environment so that the community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations;
3.the safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public places;
4.the protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality;
5.the fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land; and
6. the uniform and fair administration of this Local Law.
General Purport of the Proposed Local Law
If made, the Proposed Local Law will:
revoke the existing Amenity Local Law; provide for the administration and enforcement of the Proposed Local Law and empower Council and authorised officers to issue permits, notices to comply, act in urgent circumstances and impound things;
provide for infringement notices to be served on those whom an authorised officer has reason to believe is guilty of an offence;
create offences relating to:
- behaviour on Council-controlled land, the consumption and possession of alcohol on Council-controlled land and roads, trading activities on Council-controlled land and roads (including the placement of advertising signs), appeals and collections on Council-controlled land and roads, the placement of charity bins on Council-controlled land and roads, obstructions on private land which interfere with Council-controlled land or roads (or persons on such land or roads), obstructions on roads, interference with Council-controlled land and roads, filming and photography on Council-controlled land and roads, the repair and the storage and use of certain vehicles on Council-controlled lands and roads;
- bike share and e-scooter share schemes;
- the use of parking permits issued under Council’s Parking Permit Policy;
- the use of caravans and like vehicles on private land;
- shopping trolleys; - the condition of private land;
- open air burning and fires more generally;
- drains and watercourses;
- wasps and bees on private land; and
- the keeping of domestic and other animals.
Copies of the Proposed Local Law and the explanatory Community Impact Statement may be inspected on Council’s website and during office hours at Council’s Customer Service Counters at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, Council’s Libraries and Hawthorn Arts Centre, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.
Any person may make a written submission relating to the Proposed Local Law. All submissions received by Council on or before 5.00 pm on 24 October 2019 will be considered in accordance with section 223 of the Act.
Submitters should note that all submissions are made available to the public in full (including any personal information). Any person making a submission is entitled to request (in the submission itself) to be heard in support of the submission by appearing before Council (either personally or by a person acting on his or her behalf). The date and location of the Submission Hearing will be notified.
Submissions should be marked ‘S.223 Submission on Amenity Local Law' and lodged at the above offices of Council, or sent to Council at Boroondara City Council, Private Bag 1, Camberwell, Victoria 3124 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries should be directed to Robyn Clark or Louise Parzatka, on 03 9278 ... .
Chief Executive Officer