Find something curious…
• JOIN A PERMANENT POSITION IN A GOOD TEAM ENVIRONMENT
• SUPPORTIVE CULTURE
• MACKAY BASED ROLE
TRADE QUALIFIED REFRIGERATION MECHANIC
Thomas Borthwick & Sons (Australia) Pty Ltd forms part of NH Foods group of companies. The Company operates food processing plants in Mackay, Oakey and Wingham and has depots in Sydney, Cannonvale and Brisbane. TBS has the capacity to process 850 head of beef cattle per day and has a workforce between 400 to 550 employees.
The successful applicant would find it advantageous to possess the following skills:
• Current Qld Refrigeration licence.
• Certificate IV in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
• Minimum 5years experience as a Refrigeration Mechanic
• Strong communication skills In order to openly communicate with colleagues & supervisors.
• Experience in manufacturing/continuous operation and in food manufacturing is highly desirable.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Strong emphasis on planned preventative maintenance systems.
• Willingness to work a rotating shift.
Reporting to the Plant Electrical Supervisor the duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
• Repair and Upgrade Refrigeration Systems
• Diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment.
• Apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working
• Upgrade systems to satisfy new regulations or meet new standards.
• Maintain Existing Refrigeration Systems
• Performing preventative maintenance on refrigeration systems
• Carry out routine inspections and follow checklists
• Testing of existing equipment, such as compressors, condensers, electrical connections and motor operations.
• Support change management & implementation
We would like to welcome you to join Thomas Borthwick & Sons, if you value a good team environment, are hands on and quick to think on your feet. Your day will be filled with a whole range of refrigeration mechanic duties, which can be in a team environment or unsupervised. At Thomas Borthwick & Sons we offer a supportive culture, with the opportunity for growth and development.
If you're interested in this exciting role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to
email@example.com or call Sarah Harris on (07) 4952 ... .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.