Find something curious…
SHIFT MANAGER - BRISBANE
Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service providers in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
The Company is committed to providing an environment that is safe for all our employees and together with our employees taking personal accountability for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
Our Brisbane Operations specialise in the loading and discharging general and bulk cargoes. Commodities handled include motor vehicles, machinery, steel products, containers, project cargo and bulk cargo.
Reporting to the Queensland Operations Manager, this hands on leadership role is integral in managing our Stevedoring operations and will drive operational and safety performance. The successful applicant will thrive on working in a dynamic environment and be committed to quality and continuous improvement with a focus on safety and customer performance standards.
* Appropriate communication of company procedures to the operational team through pre start safety and information discussions and meetings
* Selects, prepares and directs the use of appropriate equipment in a safe and productive manner
* Directs and manages the performance of the operations team
* Liaises and communicates with Agents and Vessels' Chief Officers
* Completes and processes all required documents
* Monitors and ensures compliance with employment terms (EA's), OH&S and Environmental legislation and company policy and take necessary corrective action
* Identify and submit hazard and near miss reports. Conduct safety observations and recommendations for corrective action to the Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Tertiary qualifications within logistics or related field will be highly regarded
* Previous supervisory experience within the Stevedoring or Logistics industry
* Sound technical knowledge and experience in vessel operations and planning
* Ability to diagnose, evaluate and resolve operational problems
* Ability to understand awards and workplace agreements
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Maintain effective levels of communication within the organisation to enhance teamwork, productivity and customer focus
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org